A blog about premature parenthood (from a dad’s perspective)
Don’t miss a thing!
Sign up to get the latest stories, articles and updates delivered direct to your inbox.
Latest from the blog
- 8 things you may miss out on when your baby is born pretermA premature baby can catch everyone by surprise – not least the parents. Here’s what you may miss out on if your child is preterm.
- Shattered expectations and trauma: coping and processingMany parents whose babies are born prematurely were not expecting it and do not have a great deal of time to process and accept what happens. Guest author Dr Jenna Brough discusses how to cope with shattered expectations and trauma.
- “It was almost a blur”: Christmas in the NICUFor some families, the only lights this Christmas will be those of the NICU. In this article, Tayla, mum of a 22-weeker, looks back and shares her experience of spending Christmas on a neonatal unit.
- World Prematurity Day 2020: what is it, and why is it important?I’d never heard about World Prematurity Day… until I had premature babies. This is why the day is so important.
- Back to the grind: the agony of returning to work when your babies are in hospitalI’m lucky enough to enjoy my job, but when I returned to work while my sons were in the NICU, I ambled through my role in a state of fugue.