A blog about premature parenthood (from a dad’s perspective)
Don’t miss a thing!
Sign up to get the latest stories, articles and updates delivered direct to your inbox.
Latest from the blog
- World Prematurity Day 2020: what is it, and why is it important?I’d never heard about World Prematurity Day… until I had premature babies. This is why the day is so important.
- Back to the grind: the agony of returning to work when your babies are in hospitalI’m lucky enough to enjoy my job, but when I returned to work while my sons were in the NICU, I ambled through my role in a state of fugue.
- The coronavirus lockdown gave me a second chance at paternity leaveOut of darkness comes light. It feels almost criminal to even think of this awful situation as a positive in anyone’s life. Yet the coronavirus pandemic and its trail of destruction somehow left the cards stacked in my favour. It gave me the unique opportunity to relive my paternity leave. Or to put it more […]
- This is how premature births and neonatal care can affect dadsWhen my sons were born, I had no idea what was going on. After nine weeks on NICU, this is what I learned about how dads can be affected.
- Interview: Natasha Borton on encouraging parents to write about their SCBU experiencesI caught up with Natasha Borton, poet, spoken word artist and mum to a preemie, to discuss all her neonatal experience and to hear more about the creative writing project it spurred her to lead.