A blog about premature parenthood (from a dad’s perspective)
Don’t miss a thing!
Sign up to get the latest stories, articles and updates delivered direct to your inbox.
Latest from the blog
- Why it’s important for NICU dads to take part in kangaroo careKangaroo care? What’s that, then? At first I was confused, but now I appreciate the importance of this activity in the neonatal unit.
- What are the benefits of reading to babies in neonatal units? Experts and parents share their viewsReading in the NICU helped me feel closer to my sons, but is there really a benefit to neonatal babies? I study the science and the opinions of experts to find out.
- 8 things you may miss out on when your baby is born pretermA premature baby can catch everyone by surprise – not least the parents. Here’s what you may miss out on if your child is preterm.
- Shattered expectations and trauma: coping and processingMany parents whose babies are born prematurely were not expecting it and do not have a great deal of time to process and accept what happens. Guest author Dr Jenna Brough discusses how to cope with shattered expectations and trauma.
- “It was almost a blur”: Christmas in the NICUFor some families, the only lights this Christmas will be those of the NICU. In this article, Tayla, mum of a 22-weeker, looks back and shares her experience of spending Christmas on a neonatal unit.