My sons survived the NICU… and so did I
Hi, I’m a dad of twins who were born almost 13 weeks prematurely. They spent 66 days in neonatal intensive care, but managed to overcome health issues to survive. The whole experience took a huge toll on my mental wellbeing, which is why I set up PremDad. This is where I share my experience, and provide resources for families going through the NICU.
Get the latest updates
Sign up to get the latest stories, articles and updates delivered directly to your inbox.
Latest from the blog
- World Prematurity Day 2021: what is it, and why is it important?I’d never heard about World Prematurity Day… until I had premature babies. This is why the day is so important.
- NICU Awareness Month: helpful resources for parentsSeptember is NICU Awareness Month. In this post, I share some further information about this event, why it’s important, and some helpful resources for families impacted by having children in neonatal care.
- How does it feel to spend Father’s Day in NICU?I never imagined spending my first Father’s Day as a dad in hospital – yet that’s exactly what happened. This is how it feels to spend Father’s Day in NICU.
- Presents for Preemies: A NICU family gift guideWhen a baby is born prematurely or sick, gifts are often the last thing on the parents’ minds. But what can you buy for a baby (or parents) in the NICU?
- Why it’s important for NICU dads to take part in kangaroo careKangaroo care? What’s that, then? At first I was confused, but now I appreciate the importance of this activity in the neonatal unit.