My sons survived the NICU… and so did I
Hi, I’m a dad of twins who were born almost 13 weeks prematurely. They spent 66 days in neonatal intensive care, but managed to overcome health issues to survive. The whole experience took a huge toll on my mental wellbeing, which is why I set up PremDad. This is where I share my experience, and provide resources for families going through the NICU.
Get the latest updates
Sign up to get the latest stories, articles and updates delivered directly to your inbox.
Latest from the blog
- World Prematurity Day 2023: what is it, and why is it important?I’d never heard about World Prematurity Day… until I had premature babies. This is why the day is so important.
- Book Review: Twenty Four Plus Six by Amy BrettRead my review of Amy Brett’s book which provides a raw, emotional account of one of life’s toughest journeys.
- Interview: Lorna Tallowin on premature motherhood & building a preemie clothing businessLorna Tallowin’s journey as a mother began on an emotional note when her son was born prematurely. Faced with the challenges of caring for a premature infant, Lorna found herself in uncharted territory and struggled to find the support and resources she needed. But her love for her baby, her determination to help others in […]
- Discharge day: What to expect when taking your baby home from the NICUDischarge is pretty much the only thing to look forward to when your baby is in neonatal care… but what’s it actually like when that day finally comes? Here’s my experience.
- Dealing with bad news in the NICUWhen your baby is sick or premature, one thing you’ll undoubtedly experience is receiving bad news. Here’s my experience and how I tried to deal with it.